Get the Best AUD to NZD Exchange Rate
Buy NZD cash at the same rate you see on Google or XE.
Our AUD to NZD Exchange rate
Compare us with other providers
What is best place to exchange AUD to NZD in Australia?
The best place to exchange AUD to NZD depends on your amount. For amounts under $6000 Australian dollars, S Money gives the best AUD to NZD exchange rate. For larger amounts, it's best to head into a store and try to negotiate as good a rate as possible. There are more money changers in the CBD and because of all the competitions, it is the best ways to convert larger amounts of AUD into New Zealand dollars.
Is there a best day or time to exchange AUD to NZD?
There isn't a particular day of the week or month that is the 'best day'. Exchange rates constantly move and are very hard to forecast. Money exchange stores and online currency exchange services will move their exchange rates up and down as the Australian dollar moves.
Unfortunately, no one can tell you when the best time to exchange AUD to NZD is, but you can track the rate.
You set the rate you would like to buy and let us to the work. We will email you when the AUD gets within the range you would like to buy NZ dollars.
Compare exchange rates
You can compare exchange rates, to find the best rate to convert AUD to NZD. You can use our tables or go to a comparison site like The Currency Shop. Make sure that you compare total cost of each service including any fees and charges.
5 of the best ways to exchange AUD to NZD
If you are heading overseas or just want to convert some Australian dollars (AUD) to New Zealand dollars (NZD) to keep on hand, it's important to find the best way to exchange your money. Here are 5 top ways currently available in Australia
- Online - If you are looking to buy some NZ dollars in cash, you can now do it online. It's similar to buying anything else online but you will need some ID on hand. Online money changers, like S Money, have the best exchange rates. Most will either deliver it to your home or allow click and collect.
- In-store - this is one of the best ways to get your currency fast. Just locate a store near you and bring your ID. It's a good idea to call ahead to check their rates and to make sure they have enough New Zealand dollars in stock.
- Overseas - Sometimes it can actually be cheaper to buy your NZ dollars abroad. In Auckland, on Queen street have very competitive money changers if you are willing to go out of your way to find them.
- International money transfers - If you are sending money from Australia to New Zealand, using a money transfer service like Wise or OFX is a great way to convert your currency. These online services are a much cheaper option than using an Australian bank.
- Travel money cards - These cards used to have terrible exchange rates and a heaps of hidden fees. While this is still the case with most bank travel cards, there are much better options available. These include Revolut, Wise and the 28 Degrees card.
Latest AUD to NZD exchange rate news
In the past 12 months, the Australian dollar has been sent lower against US dollar, New Zealand dollar and the British pound. The exchange rate is also slightly down against the Japanese yen and Euro. It’s largely because of two large influences over the Australia dollar – interest rates and commodity prices. The strength or weakness of the Australian dollar exchange rate is also impacted by the value of the other currency. For example, if the US dollar gets stronger in its own right, then all other things being equal, the Australian dollar will weaken and the AUD to […]
This article looks at what the banks are predicting for the AUD to NZD exchange rate over the long term in 2022.
The best time to buy New Zealand Dollars with Australian dollars this year, was on the 29th of March when the AUD/NZD exchange rate reached 109.46. In contrast, the worst time was just a couple of weeks ago. On the 16th of September, it traded below 1.03 for the first time since March 2020. While it’s nearly impossible to time the market perfectly, if you are travelling to New Zealand and need to buy NZ dollars, a higher AUD/NZD exchange rate rate is better for you. It means that you will receive more NZ dollars to spend for each […]
New Zealand is renowned for its adventurous holidays, from ski packages in Queenstown to cruises through Milford Sound. With options like bungee jumping, glacier hiking, snowboarding, and skydiving available, it’s hard to know exactly how much money you’ll need to appreciate the full Kiwi experience. Calculating your budget for an epic New Zealand holiday involves thinking about: The kind of activities you intend to do. How much cross-country travelling you’ll do. Your preferred style of travelling (are you after the luxury experience or the classic New Zealand backpacking experience) How long your journey will take. The currency for New Zealand […]
This article looks at what the banks are predicting for the Australian dollar (AUD) over the long term in 2022.
The Australian dollar against the New Zealand dollar exchange rate (AUDNZD) changes every second. This article shares bank forecasts to help you predict changes in the AUDNZD rate.