This article looks at what the banks are predicting for the AUD to EUR exchange rate over the long term in 2022.
AUD to EUR
Major Australian and New Zealand banks have a similar trajectory for the Aussie (AUD) to the Euro (EUR) - reflected in their AUD to EUR exchange rate forecasts in 2022. Generally, their outlook for the AUD is slightly more optimistic compared to the EUR.
AUDEUR forecasts from bank majors 2022
Source: Multinational bank aggregate data
AUD to EUR Predictions in 2022
In the short term
While major banks predicted the AUD to EUR to rise ever so slightly in the long term, there are plenty of influences on both the Australian dollar and the Euro that have an impact in the short term. These include:
- Tourism commenced earlier in Europe than in Australia, but Australia's smaller economy bounces faster and greater than in Europe
- Central bank policies to stimulate the economy is more effective in Australia than in Europe
- Australia and Europe are at greater risk of inflationary pressures, there’s only so much the government can do to help
- China’s demand for Australian commodities grows relatively more than European commodities
What do bank analysts think about the AUD EUR in the long term?
- ANZ says there’s too much uncertainty and expects the AUD to EUR exchange rate to end 2022 at 0.6100
- Westpac anticipates continued focus on Central Bank policy, predicting the AUD to EUR rise to around 0.6700 by the end of 2022
- NAB predicts the AUD to EUR forecast exchange rates for the end of next year to decline towards 0.6200
The best time to exchange AUD to EUR
If you are travelling to Europe and need to buy Euros, the best AUD to EUR exchange rate is when it is high. Alternatively, if you are selling Euro's currency either in cash or through a transfer, you want the rate to be as low as possible.
Whether you are buying or selling Euros, no one can tell you when this "right" time is, but you can track the rate for free.
You set the rate you would like and let us to the work. We will email you when the AUD gets within the range you would like to buy Euro dollars.
Latest AUD EUR news
In the past 12 months, the Australian dollar has been sent lower against US dollar, New Zealand dollar and the British pound. The exchange rate is also slightly down against the Japanese yen and Euro. It’s largely because of two large influences over the Australia dollar – interest rates and commodity prices. The strength or weakness of the Australian dollar exchange rate is also impacted by the value of the other currency. For example, if the US dollar gets stronger in its own right, then all other things being equal, the Australian dollar will weaken and the AUD to […]
The 2021 Travel Money Guide to Currency in Europe Travelling to Europe is considered a ‘right of passage’ by many Australians. In fact it is one of the most popular places to travel to from Australia. With countries like France, Germany, Italy and Spain there is no shortage of fabulous things to see, eat and experience. To make your savings go even further, read our easy to read guide on currency in Europe. This guide helps you with the following: The official currency of Europe The pros and cons of using a bank card in Europe What the Euro looks […]
This article looks at what the banks are predicting for the Australian dollar (AUD) over the long term in 2022.