Get the Best AUD to EUR Exchange Rate
Buy Euro cash at the best AUD to EUR rate in Australia.
Our AUD to EUR Exchange rate
What is the best AUD to EUR exchange rate today for cash?
Today the best AUD to EUR exchange rate for cash is 0.6111. This is the rate that gives you the most money when you are converting your currency. It has many names including the 'wholesale rate', the 'interbank rate' or the ' live mid-market rate'.
The good news is that it can easily be found in lots of places. For example, if you wanted to buy some Euros to travel overseas you can find the rate on Google by searching "AUD to EUR". Alternatively you can find it on XE or Yahoo. In fact, most currency converters use the same exchange rate.
At S Money we match the AUD to EUR currency exchange rate with the rate shown on Google or XE. In real time. This means you never pay over-inflated rates and can be 100% positive you are getting the most competitive rate to buy Euros in cash.
Compare us with other providers
See why S Money provides the best value
What is best place to exchange AUD to EUR in Australia?
The best place to exchange AUD to EUR depends on your amount. For amounts under $6000 Australian dollars, S Money gives the best AUD to EUR exchange rate. For larger amounts, it's better to head into a store and try to negotiate as good a rate as possible. There are more money changers in the CBD and because of all the competition, it's the best way to convert larger amounts of AUD into euros.
Is there a best day or time to exchange AUD to EUR?
There isn't a particular day of the week or month that is the 'best day'. Exchange rates constantly move and are very hard to forecast. Money exchange stores and online currency exchange services will move their exchange rates up and down as the Australian dollar moves.
Unfortunately, no one can tell you when the best time to exchange AUD to EUR is, but you can track the rate.
You set the rate you would like to buy and let us to the work. We will email you when the AUD gets within the range you would like to buy EUR
Compare exchange rates
You can compare exchange rates, to find the best rate to convert AUD to EUR. You can use our tables or go to a comparison site like The Currency Shop. Make sure you compare the total cost of each service including any fees and charges.
5 of the best ways to exchange AUD to EUR
If you are heading overseas or just want to convert some Australian dollars (AUD) to Euro dollars (EUR) to keep on hand, it's important to find the best way to exchange your money. Here are 5 top ways currently available in Australia
- Online - If you are looking to buy some Euros in cash, you can now do it online. It's similar to buying anything else online but you will need some ID on hand. Online money changers, like S Money, have the best exchange rates. Most will either deliver it to your home or allow click and collect.
- In-store - this is one of the best ways to get your currency fast. Just locate a store near you and bring your ID. It's a good idea to call ahead to check their rates and to make sure they have enough Euros (EUR) in stock.
- Overseas - Sometimes it can actually be cheaper to buy your Euros abroad. Countries like Singapore have very competitive money changers if you are willing to go out of your way to find them.
- International money transfers - If you are sending money from Australia to Europe, using a money transfer service like Wise or OFX is a great way to convert your currency. These online services are a much cheaper option than using an Australian bank.
- Travel money cards - These cards used to have terrible exchange rates and a heaps of hidden fees. While this is still the case with most bank travel cards, there are much better options available. These include Revolut, Wise and the 28 Degrees card.
Latest AUD to EUR exchange rate news
The Australian dollar is facing a mixed outlook against the Euro in 2024. The Australian dollar (AUD) has struggled against the Euro (EUR) in recent months. The EUR, which is the official currency of 19 of the 27 European Union (EU) member countries, peaked above €65.6¢ in January 2023. But it then saw a consistent decline, falling below the €60¢ barrier in the second half of the year. There are mixed forces at play which affect the value of the Euro, which covers a diverse area including the major economies of Germany, France and Italy
An adventure around Europe is a rite of passage among Australians. While there’s plenty to look forward to, it’s also important to prepare for unplanned events. That’s where getting travel insurance for Europe can help. A comprehensive policy makes sure you receive the medical treatment you need in an emergency and reimburses you for lost, stolen, or damaged personal belongings. These days, comparing international travel insurance policies can also protect you from unexpected costs or emergencies arising from COVID-19.
This article looks at what the banks are predicting for the AUD to EUR exchange rate over the long term in 2023. The 2024 AUD EUR Forecasts are out now With most of 2023 out of the way, attention turns to 2024. Now that most economists have released their predictions for the AUD EUR exchange rate, head here to find out the most up to date forecasts:
Editorial note: We may not cover every product in this category. For more information, see our Editorial guidelines.
This article looks at what the banks are predicting for the AUD to EUR exchange rate over the long term in 2022.
A Travel Money Guide to Europe Travelling to Europe is considered a ‘right of passage’ by many Australians. In fact it is one of the most popular places to travel to from Australia. With countries like France, Germany, Italy and Spain there is no shortage of fabulous things to see, eat and experience. To make your savings go even further, read our easy to read guide on currency in Europe. This guide helps you with the following: The official currency of Europe The pros and cons of using a bank card in Europe What the Euro looks like The average […]