Get the Best AUD to USD Exchange Rate
Buy USD cash at the same rate you see on Google or XE.
Our AUD to USD Exchange rate
Compare us with other providers
What is best place to exchange AUD to USD in Australia?
The best place to exchange AUD to USD depends on your amount. For amounts under $6000 Australian dollars, S Money gives the best AUD to USD exchange rate. For larger amounts, it's best to head into a store and try to negotiate as good a rate as possible. There are more money changers in the CBD and because of all the competitions, it is the best ways to convert larger amounts of AUD into USD.
Is there a best day or time to exchange AUD to USD?
There isn't a particular day of the week or month that is the 'best day'. Exchange rates constantly move and are very hard to forecast. Money exchange stores and online currency exchange services will move their exchange rates up and down as the Australian dollar moves.
Unfortunately, no one can tell you when the best time to exchange AUD to USD is, but you can track the rate.
You set the rate you would like to buy and let us to the work. We will email you when the AUD gets within the range you would like to buy USD
Compare exchange rates
You can compare exchange rates, to find the best rate to convert AUD to USD. You can use our tables or go to a comparison site like The Currency Shop. Make sure that you compare total cost of each service including any fees and charges.
5 of the best ways to exchange AUD to USD
If you are heading overseas or just want to convert some Australian dollars (AUD) to USD dollars (USD) to keep on hand, it's important to find the best way to exchange your money. Here are 5 top ways currently available in Australia
- Online - If you are looking to buy some US dollars in cash, you can now do it online. It's similar to buying anything else online but you will need some ID on hand. Online money changers, like S Money, have the best exchange rates. Most will either deliver it to your home or allow click and collect.
- In-store - this is one of the best ways to get your currency fast. Just locate a store near you and bring your ID. It's a good idea to call ahead to check their rates and to make sure they have enough US dollars (USD) in stock.
- Overseas - Sometimes it can actually be cheaper to buy your US dollars abroad. Countries like Singapore have very competitive money changers if you are willing to go out of your way to find them.
- International money transfers - If you are sending money from Australia to the US, using a money transfer service like Wise or OFX is a great way to convert your currency. These online services are a much cheaper option than using an Australian bank.
- Travel money cards - These cards used to have terrible exchange rates and a heaps of hidden fees. While this is still the case with most bank travel cards, there are much better options available. These include Revolut, Wise and the 28 Degrees card.
Latest AUD to USD exchange rate news
In the past 12 months, the Australian dollar has been sent lower against US dollar, New Zealand dollar and the British pound. The exchange rate is also slightly down against the Japanese yen and Euro. It’s largely because of two large influences over the Australia dollar – interest rates and commodity prices. The strength or weakness of the Australian dollar exchange rate is also impacted by the value of the other currency. For example, if the US dollar gets stronger in its own right, then all other things being equal, the Australian dollar will weaken and the AUD to […]
If you are travelling overseas this year from Australia, the best time to buy US dollars with Australian dollars was in late February 2021. This is because the AUD/USD peaked at 0.7997 and has fallen gradually since. The same applies to anyone transferring money overseas in US dollars. In general, if you are buying US dollars with Australian dollars, you want the AUD/USD exchange rate to be as high as possible. The higher the rate, the better it is for you. It means that you will receive more US dollars for the same amount of Australian dollars (AUD).
This article looks at what the banks are predicting for the AUD to USD exchange rate over the long term in 2022.
This article looks at what the banks are predicting for the Australian dollar (AUD) over the long term in 2022.
This week, the AUD/USD fell below 76 cents for the first time in 2021. The main driver of the exchange rate seems to be a US Dollar that is getting stronger. But is now a good time to buy Australian Dollars? Here comes the greenback The recent move lower has been on the back of the US dollar (also known as the greenback). The US Dollar has gotten stronger against most other currencies including the Australian dollar. This has caused the AUD/USD to fall. So why is the US Dollar getting stronger? The US economy is flying. Thanks to […]
The Australian dollar against the US dollar exchange rate (AUDUSD) changes every second. This article shares bank forecasts to help you predict changes in the AUDUSD rate.