Get the Best AUD to JPY Exchange Rate
Buy JPY cash at the same rate you see on Google or XE.
Our AUD to JPY Exchange rate
Compare us with other providers
What is best place to exchange AUD to JPY in Australia?
The best place to exchange AUD to JPY depends on your amount. For amounts under $6000 Australian dollars, S Money gives the best AUD to JPY exchange rate. For larger amounts, it's better to head into a store and try to negotiate as good a rate as possible. There are more money changers in the CBD and because of all the competition, it is the best way to convert larger amounts of AUD into JPY.
Is there a best day or time to exchange AUD to JPY?
There isn't a particular day of the week or month that is the 'best day'. Exchange rates constantly move and are very hard to forecast. Money exchange stores and online currency exchange services will move their exchange rates up and down as the Australian dollar moves.
Unfortunately, no one can tell you when the best time to exchange AUD to JPY is, but you can track the rate.
You set the rate you would like to buy and let us to the work. We will email you when the AUD gets within the range you would like to buy Japanese yen.
Compare exchange rates
You can compare exchange rates, to find the best rate to convert AUD to JPY. You can use our tables or go to a comparison site like The Currency Shop. Make sure you compare the total cost of each service including any fees and charges.
5 of the best ways to exchange AUD to JPY
If you are heading overseas or just want to convert some Australian dollars (AUD) to Japanese yen (JPY) to keep on hand, it's important to find the best way to exchange your money. Here are 5 top ways currently available in Australia
- Online - If you are looking to buy some Japanese yen in cash, you can now do it online. It's similar to buying anything else online but you will need some ID on hand. Online money changers, like S Money, have the best exchange rates. Most will either deliver it to your home or allow click and collect.
- In-store - this is one of the best ways to get your currency fast. Just locate a store near you and bring your ID. It's a good idea to call ahead to check their rates and to make sure they have enough yen in stock.
- Overseas - Sometimes it can actually be cheaper to buy your Japanese yen abroad. Countries like Singapore have very competitive money changers if you are willing to go out of your way to find them.
- International money transfers - If you are sending money from Australia to Japan, using a money transfer service like Wise or OFX is a great way to convert your currency. These online services are a much cheaper option than using an Australian bank.
- Travel money cards - These cards used to have terrible exchange rates and a heaps of hidden fees. While this is still the case with most bank travel cards, there are much better options available. These include Revolut, Wise and the 28 Degrees card.
Latest AUD to JPY exchange rate news
There are many different influences over the local currency, increasing commodity prices appear to be the key driver of the recent rise of the Australian dollar. Prices of commodities like oil, wheat and nickel have soared recently on the back of the war in Europe. This has increased the demand for ‘commodity’ currencies like the Aussie dollar, helping it move higher against most major currencies including the US dollar, Euro and British pound. According to the Reserve Bank Australia There has been a close relationship between the terms of trade and the value of the Australian dollar over […]
This article looks at what the banks are predicting for the AUD to JPY exchange rate over the long term in 2022.
This week, the AUD to JPY exchange rate has risen to its highest level in over 3 years. It has been a tale of 2 stories. Firstly, the Australian dollar has been getting stronger against many major currencies. Secondly, and more importantly, the Japanese Yen has been much weaker. This means that it is now one of the best times to buy Japanese Yen with Australian Dollars in 2021. The Japanese yen has fallen in recent weeks, not just against the Australian dollar but against most other major currencies like the US dollar and Euro. Higher energy prices have driven […]
In the past 12 months, the Australian dollar has been sent lower against US dollar, New Zealand dollar and the British pound. The exchange rate is also slightly down against the Japanese yen and Euro. It’s largely because of two large influences over the Australia dollar – interest rates and commodity prices. The strength or weakness of the Australian dollar exchange rate is also impacted by the value of the other currency. For example, if the US dollar gets stronger in its own right, then all other things being equal, the Australian dollar will weaken and the AUD to […]
The best time to buy Japanese Yen with Australian dollars this year, was in March 2022. This is because the AUD/JPY hit 90.92, making it the best time to buy yen in over 6 years. The same applies to anyone transferring money to Japan. In contrast, the worst time in the past year was on the 23rd of August 2021, the same rate bottomed out at 78.38 While it’s nearly impossible to time the market perfectly, if you are travelling to Japan and need to buy yen, a higher AUD/JPY exchange rate rate is better for you. It means […]
This article looks at what the banks are predicting for the Australian dollar (AUD) over the long term in 2022.