- The AUD is collapsing against the US dollar, Euro and Yen
- Money is flooding into US dollars as investors seek the safety of 'safe haven' assets
- The Australian dollar has reached parity with the New Zealand dollar
AUD to USD exchange rates
|In the last week||0.5530||0.6315|
|In the last month||0.5530||0.6710|
The Australian dollar is in free fall.
In scenes reminiscent of the Global Financial Crisis, the Aussie dollar crashed to 55 cents before making a minor recovery to end the day just above 57 cents.
- The AUD to USD exchange rate has fallen to it's lowest point since 2002
- The AUD to EUR exchange rate is down 10 cents from 62 cents to 52 cents over the last month
- The AUD to GBP exchange rate is just above 0.5000 but crashed to 0.4811 before recovering
- The AUD to JPY exchange rate also crashed, hitting 60.12 before recovering
- The AUD to NZD exchange rate is close to parity for the first time ever
The collapse of the Australian dollar over the past week has been shocking. Today in became disorderly. - Alan Kohler